I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Foooooooooood

Gosh.  So hungry.  I'm so hungry.  I feel like I have eaten everything and more in this apartment.  I need to stop.  Just had some peanut butter on french bread...good stuff.  I have been watching weddings shows all night and attempting to do homework.  But, alas, the wedding shows trump educational psychology homework.  I have actually really never used that word "trump" so I hope I used it correctly.  And if I didn't, I don't wanna hear about it.  :)
So, big news, I am seeing Jersey Boys tomorrow in Omaha!!  You won't believe this, but for $30 we get the trip down there and back and the show!  I will have to tell you how it is, though amazing will be a word I use I am sure.
I am overwhelmed at the moment.  I have so much homework all the time.  Trying to find time to spend with friends is difficult, but I love the life I live!  At dance club on Wednesday, I taught Jar of Hearts for contemporary night.  It was my first song I have ever choreographed all by myself, for myself and I did it at our show IMPACT last spring.  It was so emotional watching the 40 or so people in the studio put everything into each move.  I made the girls take their hair out and told them how much more emotion gets across just being able to move with it and use it as a 'prop' almost.  They understood the meaning behind the song and I felt like a proud mama watching them dance it for me at the end!  I had tears in my eyes.  So moving.  So emotional.  I love dance.  My friend Chris posted something on my status that got me to thinking...  So I have always been 'worried' or 'unsure' (I guess those words work) what I will feel like when I see my children someday living a life of their own.  I was worried that I might be jealous of the things they will get to experience or the success they will have.  Seeing those individuals dance my choreography on Wednesday proved the point that I won't be worried or jealous, I will be proud and grinning from ear to ear with tears streaming down my face.  I never thought I would know what it felt like until I actually had children, though this small event made me realize so much.  I know it isn't completely comparable, but I know it touched me in some way.  It told me that I will be so proud and happy when my children succeed someday, I won't be upset.  This made me so happy :)  This thought may have never occured to you, but it haunted me for awhile.  Now I am much more at ease.  So thank you dance club, and thank you Chris for making me see this and get a glimpse of my future.
So, I finished the Hunger Games series (super duper good by the way...in my top 3!!) and I decided I needed a new 'fun' book.  I didn't know what to get and I am sick of reading books because somebody else told me to read them.  I went on Amazon and decided to simply look in the women's fiction section.  I picked out a random book and bought it.  I read a bit about it and it seemed interesting enough.  It had the love story, so I deemed it okay.  I received it in the mail yesterday....low and behold, it is 700 pages!  I totally wasn't expecting it to be that long!  Bah!!  I have read chapter one and so far, so good.
I am conducting the drum/flag feature for the next game and the song is "Edge of Glory" by Lady Gaga and I am so pumped!  Coull even complimented me today and said I am finally loosening up when I conduct, which was nice to hear that from him finally.  I just like to look professional, okay?!  But I do some cool fist pumps, so he liked that.
Well, I am seeing one two many computer screens right now, so I am going to go get ready for bed and polish off another chapter in my book.  Hope you kept warm in the cold weather that snuck in the past couple of days.  How rude!!  It will warm up soon :)
Love love love.

No comments:

Post a Comment