I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Who am I again?

Life.  Is changing.  Constantly.  How can I keep up?
I have gone through such an identity crisis these last four, or so, months.  I haven't been completely sure how to handle it.  Usually when I am going through something, I have places to escape.  In college, I had a copious amount of friends, church groups, dance club, the music hall, even the simplicity of living on my own.  I have scarcely any of that left.  And what is left, is changed.  Thank goodness for my beautiful job and the kids that inspire me everyday.  Thank goodness for a man that has completely showed me what a true relationship is supposed to be.  But, I'm missing things still.
I've realized that I'm not going to get those things back.  Struggling to move on, I've come to that conclusion.  My life is different because it is supposed to be.  This is the way God intended my life to be.  I have been given BEAUTIFUL life that I don't deserve.  Romans 8:28 is on my wall in my room.  It says this:  And we know that for those who love God all things will work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.  I believe that God is rooting for me and cheering me on despite my sour mood sometimes.  I've been frustrated with how my life feels like it's falling apart.  Does this mean my life is always going to be like this?  Absolutely not.  I think I know deep down that I am being thrown into an uncomfortable situation....change....and I CAN handle it.  I will grow and form new relationships that are going to benefit me in this stage of my life.  I am no longer a student.  I am a teacher.  I have an entirely new life.
That's why I am thanking God today for this incredibly magnificent journey He has given me.  I know it isn't going to be easy, but that's the point right?  To be uncomfortable, stretched, and changed?  I am welcoming this now with open arms and an open heart, asking God to change me in a fantastic way.  To help me understand my new role in life and how to make the best of it.  Life is too incredible.  There are people that I can't imagine life without and they continue to be by my side.  Those are the people I cherish today and everyday in my future.

Who is the first person you think of if I were to ask you to think of someone?  I know who mine is.  How about the second or third?  I know those too.  Cherish them.  Love them.  Inspire them.  Encourage them.  Don't be afraid that they won't agree with you.  Or like you.  Because, it turns out, if you're thinking of them, they're probably thinking of you :)  And they want to give you those same things.
Make the world a happy place today.  Love God.  Love people.  It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment