2012. What a year already. I performed in my school's production of Capers and danced my life away. Met some amazing people and I ended up with a few really great friends :)
IMPACT is quickly approaching and it continually amazes me how far Dance Club has come in the past few years. Thinking back to my freshman year, I remember a friend and I talking outside the Rotunda about how much we missed dance and how we wish there was some way we could still do it. We realized that the ONLY outlet for dance here on campus was the dance team. After talking to two other friends, we realized that we could start something at our college to keep dancing. The process was long and hard, but the SDSU Dance Club was finally a part of our lives by the beginning of our sophomore year. Four girls had begun a journey that we hoped would carry on way past our time at SDSU. Our first year was quite successful and we had our first dance showcase called IMPACT in the spring. Last year proved to be even better. This year, I am the only original founder that is still an officer for the club and it makes me sad that this is the last year I will be a big part of this passion. While all this was going on, this very attractive sophomore named Paul showed me his dance to Eenie Meenie by J-Biebs and Shawn Kingston. It was adorable. The fact that the last two sentences are in italics explains that I did not write them. Some wonderfully annoying guy that I am apparently dating gets the kudos for that ;) Oh, and he never did show me the dance. What a liar!! Nothing new I suppose. Oh and good thing he doesn't read this blog...muahahaha.
Since I am resuming this post like a week later, I apologize for the randomness. I am writing a paper about cultural identity for my human relations class (or attempting to write that is...). For ideas, I am going through old papers and through my blog posts to see if I can find inspiration for some stories to include to speak of how I became the person I am today. I am getting quite emotional reading through things I have written. This bothers me because if I can revisit these feelings through something that I have written, it makes me want to write a book. Then, my feelings can become somebody else's feeling to interpret. Make sense? Probably not. I get in these moods sometimes where I feel so inspired and then realize it is cold and gross outside and I don't feel motivated for ANYTHING anymore. Summer inspiration...where are you? When it is warm out, I feel better and work better. Maybe that will be a goal this summer....write a book! Now I feel like I am talking nonsense. But better to be talking nonsense than not talking at all! Ugh.
One of my favorite things: Arriving at a new place at night and then getting excited to see what it actually looks like when you wake up the next morning. I was reading through my old blog posts and came across this idea when I arrived in Ohio. We had driven all day (literally from SD to OH) and went through what seemed like an endless forest and winding roads to arrive at my best friend's house. I had no idea where we were or what it would look like in the morning and that made me so excited! I remember waking up the next morning and running straight to the window. Yes, I was 20 years old and acted like it was Christmas outside or something. But hey, I'm living life! When I came to the window and peeked through the blinds, everything was blurry. Curious. I forgot to put on my glasses....crap. Went back to get my glasses and looked out to a beautiful open backyard with trees surrounding us everywhere. It was gorgeous. I couldn't wait to go outside to see the rest of the world beyond this window. I hope that you get to experience this many times in your life; waking up to something new and refreshing that you hadn't quite expected from what your eyes failed to see in the everlasting dark of the night before.
No comments:
Post a Comment