Well hey there October! I am listening to Christmas music right now. It's Michael Buble's fault...not mine. You see, his new cd came out the other day and I started listening to previews on iTunes (long story to follow). Those clips of music led to me listening to every Christmas song I had in my possession. Cripes. So, story time. Every time a Michael Buble cd comes out, it's tradition for me and my friend John to go to Walmart at midnight and get it. So after my junior recital, I was studying for a methods test (blech) and we decided to go just before midnight because that was when it was coming out. To give you some background, last time we did this, the guy who helped us back in electronics thought we were nuts and didn't know what we were talking about. We were like, "The MICAHEL BUBLE cd came out at midnight (like right now) and we wanted it?!" He was probably thinking we were crazy for going out at midnight for a cd, let alone Michael Buble, but I didn't care. He had to specially go in the back to get it because they hadn't put them on the floor yet. And we went there thinking people would be waiting in line....we were silly freshman at the time. So this year, we went at 11:30ish, walked back to electronics, and found a nice young man to help us. He informed us that they apparently don't do midnight releases. I was like, "Uh uh...no way. We've done this before." So him, being a nice person, went back to check for us. He came back empty handed. I was sad. He said the truck would be there the next day. How rude! So John and I had a good laugh and simply went home. John went back the next day....still not there!! So now we have both ordered them on Amazon, though he has already gotten his since I just ordered mine today. Sad.
Drinking some apple cider. I have dance club in just over a half hour. We are clogging tonight! Clogging is like tap and is quite hard. I'm not that great. I need to exercise. Cripes, I am such a pile lately. I think it's the weather changing, it is so un-motivating....if that's even a word. What else is new....
It's just been an interesting few weeks I suppose. Full of percussion + drum major drama. Haha. Good stuff.
Well, pep band auditions tomorrow. I haven't practiced because my junior recital really took it out of me. Which, speaking of that, went really well! Considering how bad my performance anxiety used to be (and still is), I was really proud of myself! Erica did just fabulous as well. Off to clog....time to turn off the Christmas music and head out into the cold...and it's not even COLD yet :/
Meeeeeeeee!
-Me
In defense of Walmart employees....he wasn't rude. As a past employee, it was really difficult to get things off of the truck if they hadn't been unloaded and processed, and it takes a really long time, because everything has to be sorted and put on pallets, rolled out to the floor, and is then stocked by the overnight crew. There's a huge process, involving at least 30 people - so if you ask for something that was to be shipped to the store by a certain day, asking for it right at midnight means that the employee would have to sift through a bunch of boxes on bunches of pallets stacked higher than a person, while a crew of ten - twelve guys is throwing truck all around you. I've done it for a crabby customer - it sucks and takes forever.
ReplyDeleteThe issue of merchandise not being on the floor by a certain time is usually not the associate's fault. If you went in like a week later, asked for it, and it was in the back and the employee made a big deal out of going and getting it from the bins, THEN he/she is rude.
Just speaking from experience - it sucks not having control over merch our customers want. Floor associates have more duties than it appears, and often times, there are only one or two per department/service area, which makes it hard to spend a long time looking through pallets for a small item, like a CD!