Having a cough attack at the moment, which is no fun if your throat is already sore. So I missed breakfast, lunch, and swimming lessons today due to my sickness. I decided to go in for supper though because it was the last supper of the week for the families. And good thing I did because my family of 5 was leaving early the next morning and would not be at brunch! As I was saying goodbye, the mother had Easton (about 4 I would say) hand me a note that had money inside. He had drawn a picture inside and the parents put in $50 :) How nice!!! I, of course, cried. Then, Caitlin came over and told me a little girl at her table wanted to say goodbye to me. She was a girl that had come to my dance classes with me this week and performed in the talent show to the National Dance Day Dance from this past year that I had taught them. Her mom told wanted to thank me for teaching her daughter her first hip-hop routine. The daughter was a dancer and I told her to never give up and that she will be amazing someday. My voice was pretty much shot, so I did the best I could talking to her. Gave her a big hug. Cried again. Then, went back over to my table of 8, who was thankfully going to be at brunch the next morning to say goodbye, so I wouldn't have to cry more tonight. But I walk over there and Kim (the mother) has tears in her eyes!!! Ahhhhh, so I started to bawl as she hugged me for such an amazing week. Little Jessa was in her arms and gave me such a big hug. Kim said she started to cry when we sang "Pelican Lake" tonight. We always sing in the dining hall at 6:40pm on Fridays, but I watched today because I couldn't sing. But when we did Pelican Lake, I ran around and did the actions :) I will be doing this dance CONSTANTLY in my apartment this year roommates, so look out :) I will teach it to you!! I am going to miss this place horribly and don't want to think about leaving.
So, this morning, woke up and told Vivien to tell Lez that I wasn't coming in because I didn't feel well. When Vivien came back after the breakfast shift, she had a big plate of food and drinks and I wasn't understanding what her intentions were at first, not assuming they were for me. But, bless her heart, she brought me back a pancake, a piece of french toast, orange juice, and tea. She said I had to eat and drink it all. I normally don't like tea, but she brought up a bunch of different kinds. I picked one out and she put honey and sugar in it and brought a fresh lemon to squeeze into it!!! What an amazing act of kindness, seriously. I was so shocked and felt so blessed. She is such a wonderful friend and I hope I get to visit her someday in Hungary. Anyway, I am exhausted and it's only 9:30. I am going to bed. Apparently some severe storms are on their way...hopefully I can sleep :) Hope this post finds you all in better health than I am at the moment....love!
No comments:
Post a Comment