I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kayak

At the moment, I am sitting in my quite cool cabin after working lunch.  I am sharing a family with Katie this week and have a family of four to myself as well.  My family of four has a grandmother, mother, and her two kids (Kate and Will).  My table of 10 consists of all of the kids to Katie's table of parents.  Awesome.  I have all of the teeny boppers that think they are cooler than everyone and everything around.  Oh well, it's going smoothly so far :)  Yesterday was pretty great.  Worked breakfast, went to zumba (which is taught by my lovely roommate from Hungary, Vivien), played in the marching band, worked the picnic, taught swimming lessons, laid out, swam in the lake, worked supper, and then finished off the night kayaking.  At the picnic on the deck, the guy that 'runs' our marching band is a trumpet player and a band director in the area and he plays for the guests while they eat.  I asked him if next week I could play some duets with him!!!  I'm so excited to perform.  Every opportunity will definitely help me be able to perform in front of people with more ease.  I laid out and swam with Cathy while a lot of others were out on RJ's boat.  Kayaking was amazing.  It was my first time, but it wasn't too difficult or anything.  I went with Derek and Katie (Vivien was supposed to come but she didn't make it out in time).  The lake was very calm and the sun was setting.  On the way back, I kinda paddled off ahead while they talked behind me.  It was nice having a moment out in the middle of a lake to just paddle and think.  Especially while the sun was setting.  How cool is that?  It was just gorgeous....and I was inspired to write a song, so we'll see if that gets finished ever :/
Today I was tired when I woke up.  I worked breakfast and then decided that I needed to get out of Fair Hills for a bit before lunch.  I drove to DL (Detroit Lakes) and went shopping for a bit.  I didn't buy anything, don't worry.  Picked up Subway on the way back.  It felt good to just drive around with my music blaring.  I even got to talk to my sister on the way home :)  Good luck on your quizzes sissy!!!  Love you.
Now I am waiting until 230, when the waterslide starts!!!  They set up this HUGE sheet of plastic on one of the holes on the golf course and then put the sprinklers on and a hose at the top and you slide down incredibly fast!  You get really muddy and dirty, but it looks like so much fun!!  Can't wait to try it!
Aaron wants to sing in the talent show together sometime.  That means I need to find a duet...and a possibly easy one to play with guitar :)  So pumped!!!  Should be fun.
Okay, off to play guitar for awhile maybe and find a good song.  Pray that I find my camera....it's been missing for a week and I am so depressed about it.  I just got it for Christmas :(
Kait.

No comments:

Post a Comment