So, turns out I woke up not being able to breathe very well this morning. My throat was scratchy yesterday, but I didn't think it would turn into something. Well, I was definitely wrong. My throat is so clogged up and my nose is icky. Had to cancel my swimming lessons today because there was no way that I was going to be able to breathe in the pool. Went into town with Katie and Vivien because I needed cough drops and dayquil and we decided to stop at this place called DL Fusion. It is like a heathly smoothie shop thing, but different. You pay $6 and get a shot of aloe (which cleanses your digestive system), a tea (hot or cold in different flavors), and a smoothie (I got an Elvis which is peanut butter and bananas). Caitlin, I totally thought of you when I got something with banana in it :) It was all so yummy and Katie and I kept saying how 'heathly' we felt. I just hate having a cold and feeling like crap. This never happens to me in the summer!! What the heck!! Ow, it hurts to sneeze :(
The fourth here was great!! We went out on the boat for a bit and had some fun tubing. Everybody had been talking about the fireworks show here for days, so I was so excited to see it. The best spot is apparently on the 7th green and they go right over your head. So, we got a big blanket and sat out to watch. They were taking forever to start and we finally saw why. A big storm was heading our way and they couldn't start the show until they knew we would be safe. They eventually started and it was so cool because lightning was going crazy during the whole thing and made the sky just light up with the fireworks!! So cool. It was an amazing fireworks display, no doubt about that.
Love my families this week. One family of 8 (yeah, they have 6 kids) is from Spokane, Washington. Jack and Kim are the parents and then we have Emma, Iris, Gracie, Jessa, Drew, and Joseph. The mom is American Indian, so the kids are just beautiful!! My other family is a family of 5 (and one on the way!!). I really can't tell you the parents names :/ But their kids are Jack, Easton, and something else....shoot I can't remember! Jack is adorable and brings me things to the meals everyday. I have gotten pinecones, flowers, seashells, and a seed. He is about 5 I would say and so cute!! There is another little girl named Eliza that has gotten attached to me. I babysat her one day and her mom asked me today if I would be interested in nannying for her next summer in Minneapolis! Woah! Such a nice family :)
Well, I am so exhausted and have to work in the morning. Hopefully I can get to sleep and feel better soon.
Love love.
No comments:
Post a Comment