I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Work Work Work

Yesterday was quite long.  I worked a 3 hour brunch shift in the morning.  Then, the housekeepers needed help making beds and cleaning over at Lake Five Resort (about a half hour drive), so Katie, Vivien, Aaron, and I went over there from 12-4.  After we got back to Fair Hills, we were all so hungry and tired.  Suzie in the kitchen (she is sooo nice) gave me and Katie some ice cream and chips and then we headed down to the lake to jump in.  It felt SO nice.  We layed out for a bit and then I went to shower and get ready for our new families at supper!  I have a family of 8 (6 children) and a family of 5 (3 children).  So many kids this week.  That means a lot of cute faces but a lot of messes!  I have already fallen in love with them!!  It is one of the little girls' (Jessa's) birthday today, so we will sing to her tonight and the boys will give her kisses on the cheek!  After supper last night, Vivien, Katie, and Helen (from Belarus) went into Detroit Lakes to go to Walmart and get a few things.  A few things turned into $60 worth for me, but it was necessary.  A new bathing suit, work shorts, pop, chips, a movie, m&ms, hairspray, you know...the essentials!  By the time we got back it was 11pm and we decided it was too late to watch a movie.  Instead we all came up to my cabin (Steph was back at her house for the night) and Kat came over too and we just talked until 130am....well shoot, we could have watched a movie!  I love talking and getting to know people though, so it was completely worth it.  We talked about everything, even religion.  It was cool seeing their perspective on things and I put in a few comments here and there because Kat is not sure what to believe.  It was hard listening to her not knowing what she has for her future if she had faith.  Hopefully my subtle comments and my non-forceful personality gave her a push start :)  Prayers for everybody here at Fair Hills, whether they are Christians or not, that I may teach them something or push them in the right direction before I leave here.  Prayers for me too...it is hard to stay in the Word while I have so much going on...and want to just lay out in the sun.  Much appreciated :)
Today I worked breakfast and then went on a quick run down Pelican Point Drive, which is apparently the place to run around here.  It was nice, but had a huge hill in it!  I ran back to the lobby to get a drink of water and decided to check the mail.  There was a big box with my name on it from my dad's house and I totally wasn't expecting it!!  I opened it up right there (because I couldn't wait until I went back to my cabin of course) and found some of my favorite things from Julie.  Diet mountain dew, almonds, sunscreen, a sundress, and some cookies.  It was so thoughtful and so unexpected that it completely made my day!!  Thanks so much Julie!  Now lunch is done and I am going to go lay out with Katie :)  I hope you get a chance to relax in the sun today wherever you are!!!  And don't forget to apply sunscreen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment