I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So Tired...

How have I already been here for 2 weeks?  That is just completely insane to me.  I feel like I have been here forever but at the same time, not that long, ya know?  Today was long.  I need to stop staying up so late.  I worked breakfast and supper tonight, along with teaching 7 private 20 minutes swimming lessons.  Bah.  Layed out for a bit with Katie after my lessons and got a nice little sunburn. Right now I am sitting up in the library with Vivien and Matt is across the room.  There is like this prodigy kid on the piano downstairs playing all of this top 40 music.  I went down there to check it out and he is amazing!  He doesn't know how to read music, but does everything by ear which is great.  My online class finishes in two days and I need to get motivated if I want to get everything done.  I will hopefully get a lot done tomorrow, well I have to get a lot done tomorrow.  Yuck.  Hopefully I will still have time to go out on the lake tomorrow.  We were going to go out with RJ and Tanner today but the wind was so incredibly strong...lots of white caps on the lake.  Even the pool had big waves in it while I was teaching today.
My family I had been serving since Saturday night left this morning after breakfast.  I, once again, cried.  I especially was going to miss my little Jack and his parents.  What great role models they were for me.  They gave me their email address to keep in touch and said if I ever needed a place to stay in Minneapolis, their house is open.  I learned so many wonderful things about them like how they taught school in Thailand for 2 years!  They gave me $60 for a tip for the 4 days and the rest of the family (12 others) gave me a $40 tip.  So exciting to finally have tip money!!!  I'm still not sure how I didn't get any from my family last week.  Oh well.  Now to start paying things off.....blech.  Well, my computer is dying and I am dead exhausted.  I finally have breakfast off tomorrow morning, so hopefully I can sleep a bit.  Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment