All of the days here at Fair Hills seem to moosh together. I work everyday and hang out with the same people everyday, so only a few things stick out in my mind. Yesterday morning our families that we had for the week left and I cried like a baby. I went over to say goodbye to them and couldn't handle it. And yet again, once I start crying, I don't stop. And of course, I was the only waitron bawling over her family. I miss them already. Allison, Sydney, Joey, Ryan, Athena, Rebecca, Olivia, and all of my adorable other children in that family :) I even learned some Afrikaans from Athena's dad. I learned how to say, "Give me a hug" and "thank you". Athena was my little cuddler. I had almost all of those children in my swimming lessons as well. When I was talking to Athena's mom to say goodbye, she had tears in her eyes when she was telling me how much I taught her. Gosh, makes me tear up now.
On a side note, I just had to step outside onto our porch to finish this blog post because my Turkish roommate thinks that practically making out with her bf in the bed next to mine while I am there is okay. Well, it isn't. I really have no desire to hear or see that thank you very much. He is in there ALL the time. They take naps together like 5 times a day and do nothing else. She is hopefully moving downstairs on Tuesday after the skunk problem is officially solved.
Back to yesterday....so Katie and I ate lunch and then decided it would be a great day on the lake. We texted our friend RJ up here and he took us out for a couple hours on his boat. Katie and I tubed for awhile and she fell off a lot, but it was great. I was done after we crashed pretty hard and she ended up kicking me in the head on the fall. We both attempted wakeboarding too. I was terrified at first and I almost got up, but wasn't leaning far enough back and I was trying too hard to pull myself up instead of letting the waves take me. My arms are SO incredibly sore today. I can barely wash my hair. Last night we just hung out with some friends and that's about it. Great thunderstorm last night :)
Off to lunch now. Working all three meals today. Woooooo....
Adios. Hope summer is treating you all wonderfully.
Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment