Today was an extremely long day. I worked breakfast, lunch, and supper along with having a singing rehearsal in the afternoon. I thought that having a summer class this year was going to be easy being at a camp, but it is quite the opposite. I barely have time to think about reading my books or doing my work, and when I do have time, I don't want to do it. I want to build relationships with the people that I am meeting here instead. Stupid class :( We are all trying to figure out something to do tonight. I really just want to sit around and chill and play games in our cabin. We might be inviting some people over for that.
I got a new roommate yesterday from Hungary and her name is Vivien. Her English is so amazing, which is a huge comfort since there is really no language barrier. She is also a waitress with me, so that is really nice that she gets to hang out with me at work! Being here on the first day is emotional for anybody, but being halfway around the world be terrifying. She started crying and I felt awful. I just hugged her for awhile and tried to make her feel better. In order to try to keep her mind off of things, I got my guitar out (I am not that good) and played random chords and freestyled a song for her. She seems a bit better today but she misses her family and boyfriend very much. I told her that I am always here for her and I am having such a good time getting to know her. She is supposed to move downstairs with the other Turkish girls but she is staying up here and I am very happy because she is so sweet. Now we are sitting on my bed (me and Vivien) and she is showing me the songs she uses for Zumba that she teaches. She is going to start teaching classes here at Fair Hills :) I can't wait to join!! Still loving it here and can't wait for it to warm up so that we can spend more time on the lake and simply outside. Got a letter from my friend Abbie today and it definitely made the day a bit brighter. My brain is going a thousand miles a minute right now so I best stop typing before it becomes really confusing. I need to find something to do for the talent show tomorrow night....bahhhh. What should I do?!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment