I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Jump Kaitlyn!
Today was long. I am beat. My arms hurt, my legs hurt, and I am tired. Okay, I am done complaining now because all in all, it has been wonderful throughout the pain. Worked breakfast this morning in the dining hall and then went to WalMart with Katie for a few things afterwards (this included a diet mountain dew because I have been craving one and they don't have pop here for us). By the time we got back, we had about one minute to get our instruments from our cabins and head to the dining hall area to start the parade. We marched down to the front lobby/pavilion with the kids (who got to dress up in many different costumes) while playing Oh When the Saints and the Mickey Mouse song but with words about Fair Hills. Then we put on a mini concert up in front of the pavilion for the guests. After the parade, we ate lunch and then I headed right up to change into my swim suit. I am teaching swimming lessons this summer at Fair Hills (don't worry, I have taught before) and they are private lessons I found out today. That means, I had 7 kids today, each for 20 minutes. I was in the pool for 2.5 hours with no sun, a light breeze, and a semi-warm pool. I was quite cold. The lessons went decently well and I had some familiar faces from my family I am serving this week in the dining hall. My little Allison came for a lesson and she is very allergic to peanuts, so I have to be very careful when serving her food :) After lessons, I ran into the hot tub to warm up and while I was in there, a bunch of guys came running in looking frozen. They had been in the lake for 45 minutes setting up 'the tower', which is a big wooden structure with a ladder that kids can jump off of. It is about 8 feet high out of the water! It was definitely a task trying to get that thing up and the water was only about 65 degrees! After we had sat in the hot tub and warmed up a bit, I decided I wanted to go jump off the tower. Two other guys came with me and we headed into the freezing water. It burned my skin as I went in because it was so cold! We climbed up to the top and I looked down and had to just stand there for a minute to get the courage to jump off. The guys jumped a couple times and then I heard a few shouts from a sailboat. This little girl I had met the other day and her family were yelling, "Jump Kaitlyn!!" I told the young girl to count 1,2,3 for me to jump in and she did :) Holy cold. So much fun though! We swam around for about two seconds and then I headed back to my cabin to shower and get ready to serve supper. Supper was great. I love my family I get to serve and there are a bunch of them, so they change around tables in my section and I get somebody new out of the family every day. I had an older part of the family tonight and they were so wonderful. I talked to them for about 10 minutes while they waited for the rest of the family to arrive. They asked a bunch of questions about me and I really got to know them. I just love people. So great. A lady that I had met in the pool earlier before lessons came up and talked to me. Before she left she came up and said goodbye and how nice I was. How sweet :) Well, I am going to work on some homework for my lame online native american class. Ugh. I'm sorry I haven't been communicating much with everyone, I am so busy here and rarely on my computer or in my cabin. Love to you all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment