I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

50% Chance

This post will be very short considering I have to get to supper within the next few minutes. I am at SDSU, counseling All-State Music Camp and tomorrow is our last day. It has definitely been a challenging week between not getting much sleep and working with kids all day. Has it been worth it? I think so :) This is giving me a wonderful opportunity to learn how to teach music. I may not end up teaching someday, but between a school and a hospital (being music therapy), it's a 50% chance. My favorite part of the week was teaching a jazz sectional for the trumpets. It was so fulfilling to watch them grow and learn in the 30 minutes I had with them. Making them sing out their parts so that they could actually put the rhythms to work before sticking a horn to their face is always fun. I always hated singing out the music in jazz, but I have come to love it in college. It truly does help work it out!! Okay, I really have to go to supper (hopefully it's something good...dorm food...) but I will let you know how the week went soon! Adios.
P.S. It's cold outside. I am not a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment