Storms are terrifying, yet exhilarating at the same time. I used to want to be a meteorologist when I was younger. Along with an astronomer and an LPGA golfer of course! I think that being a storm chaser would possibly be one of the coolest things ever....as long as I knew the tornado wasn't coming towards me of course. After seeing the news about the Joplin tornado, it is terrifying that a vortex of violently rotating winds can destroy a city. It broke my heart to see the homes destroyed and the hearts broken over the lost of loved ones.
So, here I sit, my eyes glued to the Keloland live doppler as I watch the watches and warnings flash across the bottom of the screen. My heart keeps skipping beats. Once I hear a siren, I will be out of site, cooped up in the back corner of our under-the-stairs hideout. Hopefully they got our sirens working out here since we are in a new development at my dad's....? Well, storm is coming soon. I might get my camera out and get a couple of pictures of the lightning hopefully. I'm scared. I love thunderstorms but hate tornadoes. What a complicated life. Hope this post finds you safe and out of the destructive storms that are affecting the midwest already this summer. Back to the Hannah Montana Movie....
No comments:
Post a Comment