Last day in Ohio. I feel like this is my home now. Do you ever feel that way once you've been in a place long enough? I sure do...
But it's time to move on. Time for new adventures and new beginnings. New beginnings scare the heck out of me, but I love them just as much (if not more) as they scare me.
My tummy is full of homemade pizza and I love the feeling. This was legit homemade pizza. Our own dough/crust, fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and spices galore. Cam and I even attempted to tosh our dough just as a true Italian chef would. We rocked it. Cam's mom is bringing home the makings for ice cream sundaes soon. I think she has come to know my favorite food :)
Today, we went to the new Pirates of the Caribbean. Saw it in IMAX 3D! I am absolutely in love with the Pirates series and even though this one didn't have Will & Elizabeth, it was a great addition. I loved the fact that there is still a hint of romance between a mermaid and a pirate, as well as a love interest for Jack. Just as the third movie provided, make sure you stay past the credits to see an additional scene. It isn't that great, but stay for the fun of it anyway :)
Now, all I have left to do is finish packing, print my boarding passes, eat ice cream, and sleep until my alarm goes off at 3:45am. How sick is that? That is earlier than I have been up in a VERY long time. I'm a decent morning person, so I really don't mind. At this time tomorrow, I plan to be sitting by my grandma and grandpa's pool and chilling with my family. So excited to be in Florida for the next week!! Bring on the beach, sunburns, theme parks, and crazy family time!
Yesterday (since I didn't post last night), Cam and I went to her dad's work with him all morning. He is a firefighter for the city of Columbus. He was on the medic for the day and I got to go on 4 calls with him! Cam was on the rescue and got called on 2 or 3 fires, but they were cancelled. The calls were all 'illness' related, so nothing like a shooting or something hardcore like that. Getting inside of the medic ambulance, I smelled nothing but the sterile interior. The two men sat up front, while I had the back to myself as we twisted through traffic. I watched as cars in front of us continued to drive, or simply stopped at where they were at. Do you know what you are supposed to do when you hear sirens behind you? I thought we were all educated in this matter? Apparently the city of Columbus either doesn't know, or doesn't care. Well here is the answer (maybe someone in this city is reading this...): YOU PULL OVER. Seriously. Elementary knowledge girls and boys...
The few calls I was on, I saw anything from a woman who could barely speak to a woman who simply wanted a ride to the hospital. I can't possibly explain to you each situation in this post because of the time it would take and probably can't tell you all that much because of HIPAA. Lo siento.
Actually sitting back and thinking about this 'pulling over' situation, gets me thinking about how we should 'pull over' more often in life. Not just when the sirens blare behind us from an oncoming vehicle, but in a normal flow of traffic. When is that last time you stopped doing what you were doing and just sat? When is the last time you set aside some time to think about nothing stressful? I am not one to look up to on this, because I actually don't do this often. I get caught up in life and the stresses of it. But I am saying this so that you can master what I haven't mastered myself. I will continue to work on acting purposefully in life and I urge you to do the same. Treasure every moment. Take time. That is the secret.
No comments:
Post a Comment