Today was EPIC. Cedar Point all day with my best friend. That means, amazing roller coasters.
I love thrill rides and this was definitely the place for me. So many crazy coasters...you need to check it out if you are near Sandusky, Ohio that's for sure. The biggest ride there, Top Thrill Dragster is 420 feet in the air, go from 0 - 120 in 4 seconds, and experience zero gravity. Definitely look up pictures, it looks scary as heck. Unfortunately, it was down for maintenance all day :( We rode plenty of other roller coasters though. So many, that I will feel all disoriented as I lay down to sleep after this.
It was a really foggy day and you couldn't even see the tops of some rides. We went on a couple where we were in a mist cloud at the top of the lift. Most of the rides consisted of me laughing so hard that I was crying. Along with the wind whipping like crazy, my face was wet with tears by the end of the ride. The last ride was our longest wait and we waited like 2 hours for it. It was a stand up coaster called the Mantis and I don't recommend it. Seriously, if you are a guy, you will be in insane amounts of pain....Cam and I were even walking like we just rode a horse afterwards...blech.
I lost my train of thought because Cam and I just left the living room for her bedroom...dang. Well tomorrow morning around 10 we are leaving to go to Washington D.C. for two days! How exciting is that?! Driving through the mountains and going to a place I thought I wouldn't see for quite some time...pretty cool. We will most likely be the stereotypical tourists while we are there, which is totally okay with me. I plan on having my green Ameribag strapped over one shoulder and my camera snapping a zillion pictures. Nothing new for me though...
I was speaking with one of my friends about how I was scared I was going to fall back in my faith this summer. I think that being scared tells me that I won't let it happen though. He explained that if we are worried about something like this, we will be watching out for it. And thinking that way, if we are watching out for it, we won't let it happen. Which gets me back to square one, but in an opposite direction if that makes sense? Therefore, I have solved my problem....in my head anyway. It is so great to have friends that are willing to keep you accountable in your faith. Being away from college (especially where I found my home church) and campus ministries is so difficult. Especially when we come back to our hometown where we might not have the same access to a church that feels right or family/friends to share your faith with and what you are learning. It's hard, but that's why there is the internet and telephones. So pick up that phone, even if it's texting, and send a facebook message to a friend that may need a good pick-me-up or a reminder to keep in the Word.
Be a blessing to somebody's life today :) I am POSITIVE somebody would love to hear from you. And if you have already accomplished that, smile at a stranger. It may just be the one thing that could keep them going for that day. And it's good for the soul.
God bless!
-Kaitlyn
No comments:
Post a Comment