As I write this post, I am eating a delicious Gala apple. Fruit and summer just go together. I can't even express to you how much I wish it was summer weather all year round. Okay, maybe a few days of winter so that I can ski, but other than that, I like to be warm and in the sun!
I wasn't able to write last night, when everything was fresh in my mind because the blog site wasn't working for some reason. It is becoming hard to keep my days straight here in Ohio. We seem to do the same thing everyday, yet nothing of the same. That makes me feel like I am at home, and in a way, I am :) America's Next Top Model is my background music right now and we tend to sit and relax to it everyday.
Yesterday, Bryan (Cam's dad), Cam, and I went to Easton, which is a huge shopping area just outside of Columbus. I was expecting a decent sized indoor mall, but this had indoor and outdoor shops and it was gorgeous! It made me feel like I was in Florida because we don't have much (if any) outdoor shopping in South Dakota. There were fountains, movie theaters, and so many high end shops. I drug Cam into Tiffany's because I had never been in one and wanted to say I had. Man, some crazy expensive things in there...I definitely felt out of place in my wind-blown and lack of high class look. Forever 21 is more of my place and I spent my max amount that I would let myself spend...which wasn't very much. Yay for being broke! I truly feel so blessed to be able to stay at Cam's house and for everything her family has provided for me. They said I was simply another daughter for the 12 days I am here. Love Cam and her family!! We went to eat at a place called BD's Mongolian Barbeque, which is comparable to a Hu Hot back home. YUM YUM.
Honestly, my memory is failing me for most of what happened last night.
Trait of Kaitlyn: I have a horrid memory. I practically forget everything and I dislike that quality very much about myself. My sister tells me that I have alzheimer's all the time :/ Bah! I really hope it doesn't get worse with age...though, I feel as if that is impossible.
Today, Cam and I ran a few errands and bought some hair dye. I've been dying (haha get it?) to dye my hair a light strawberry blonde, but I really don't have the money to spend at a hair salon. So, after sitting on my bum in the Walmart hair color aisle for half my life, I hesitantly picked a color and reluctantly handed over the $7.97 to the cashier. I'm so scared, but it's just hair and it's already dead anyway right? Let's hope those words of encouragment from Cam really help. Wish me luck.....I will most likely have a different color hair for my next post.
Hope your summers have started out something fantastically. I actually already miss school...
No comments:
Post a Comment