Early morning yesterday (Saturday morning). Woke up at 4am to drive the 45 minute drive to Columbus and catch my 6:55am flight. I really enjoy flying by myself. Picked up a tall skinny vanilla latte and a cinnamon chip scone. So good. My first flight was only to Cleveland, so it was about a 40 minutes flight. Sat by a nice girl who was 25 and was from Nigeria. She was on her way to a friend's wedding and had just graduated from law school! On my second flight, which was to Fort Myers, I met a wonderful couple! She was an accountant and he did something with radiation installation things. He just told me he was a brain surgeon at first :) It does in fact have something to do with the brain or something....it was confusing. Apparently there are only a few of them in the country for what he does. They were on one of their many vacations to the west side of Florida to see where they would retire in the future. How fun is that?!
Landed smoothly in Florida and met my dad, Julie, Tori , & Ethan after I landed. Actually, I thought I was meeting them at baggage claim, but Julie and Tori scared the crap out of my after I rounded a corner after security. Attack of the hugs!!! So cute :)
We picked up our rental car, a sporty mini-van. It isn't the soccer mom van look, thank goodness. Drove through a McDonald's drive-thru and then we were on our way to Naples to my grandparent's house! Their pool was a cool 95 degrees. It was like bath water...crazy. We swam all afternoon and even got the scuba gear out to dork around in the pool. So fun :) Supper consisted of the best ham in the world, baked beans, potato salad, rolls, black olives, and chips & sweet pineapple salsa. I was quite full after that. Grandma, Julie, & I played 2 games of Yahtzee. I epically won the first one (rolled a Yahtzee on my first roll!) and tied for first with Julie the second game. I am usually horrible at the game, so I don't know what was happening. We had amazing dessert after that....three different kinds of ice cream and chocolate overload cake. Yum. We then all played Mexican Train (my family's game) and I started off good and went downhill very fast. We will finish our game later. I got a sunburn after the long pool time, but it has already turned from pink to a nice light brown :)
Today, I woke up and decided to go for a walk/run. Walked/ran about three miles. It was already hot out this morning and it was just before 8am! A breakfast of milk and banana nut muffins (Caitlin, I thought about you when I ate it!) and then headed for Orlando at about 10:30am. Packed lunches for the car and Tori and I watched 'The Other Sister' on the way up. It was like 96 degress out today! Bah! We are staying at my other grandparent's time share. We are at the Sheraton Vistana Resort I believe. It is gorgeous!!! The rooms are like mini apartments....I have my own bed! We swam all afternoon. The pool is huge and has a waterfall pouring into it. We played water volleyball with some people from Saskatchewan and won all 3 games! Yeah baby!! Also, there was this live music set up where they were playing music, serving snow cones, and tie-dying tshirts. I went up there to request a song (Born This Way by Lady Gaga, because I had been singing it all day), and the guy handed me a microphone and told me to sing another song by her. So I did some karaoke to Poker Face. Oh man. It was fun and the entire pool area was either listening or watching me. My dad also jumped out of the pool to grab his camera. Do not fear, he got half of it on video....thanks dad :) haha. I got applause afterwards, so maybe that is a good sign? I will try my luck out at the American Idol Experience tomorrow at Hollywood Studios... After we had enough of the pool and sun, we decided to shower up and head to supper and Downtown Disney. We got all fancy and went to supper at Outback Steakhouse. Had a beautiful steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and veggies.
Downtown Disney was fun. Went in all of the shops. I wish I was a little girl and could get dressed up in a princess dress and live in a world of imagination. I could if I really wanted to now, but it just wouldn't be the same....and the costumes wouldn't fit :( I will just act like a kid for the next couple of days because I am in Disney World and I believe I am allowed to act in such a manner. Off to Hollywood Studios. My alarm is set for 7am. More soon hopefully. I don't know if I will have interent access again for awhile. I know you will miss my insanely long posts....ta ta for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment