School is over...it's over. It's summer. How is this possible.
Sitting at home is definitely an odd feeling since I have not been able to come home much at all this year. And to tell you the truth, I have almost become used to it. They say that the longer you stay away, the more you realize how much you love home you when you return. Not that I don't miss it, because home is where I will always belong, but I have found my own path in life. I have become the person I was meant to be in college and I am so thankful for the people that have shaped my life. So, in turn, I miss home and my family like crazy, but I am now okay with being away for awhile.
Anyway, so today was graduation at SDSU and I was in the brass choir to play Pomp and Circumstance five thousand times in a row and the Star Spangled Banner and such. Well, I was supposed to be there at 9:00 am ready to go and guess what time I woke up? 9:04! Actually my roommate Kelsey woke me up, thank goodness. I KNOW that I set my alarm last night because I always check a million times like I have OCD, so I had to have turned it off in my sleep. I always tell people my dreams are so life-like and now they should believe it! So, I FLEW out of bed and was out the door in exactly 6 minutes. I looked absolutely dreadful and felt embarrassed in front of the thousands of people looking at me. Oh well, life isn't about how you look and people shouldn't care. But at the same time, I was 'performing' in front of many people so the glasses, nasty tangled greasy hair, and lack of makeup probably made me look like I just got out of bed. Oh, wait, I did just get out of bed. Sick. Future husband, look out. I do not look like girls do in the movies when they wake up in the morning. This is real life and it's not the most beautiful sight to see :) haha.
I decided that I am not going to tell you (reader, person I may/may not know) all about myself in this blog right off the get-go. Instead, I will feed you tiny bits of myself through stories and life lessons and I hope you can get to know me a bit.
Habit of Kaitlyn. When I say I am going to be gone for a said period of time, allow twice as long of a time frame as I say. I will explain a bit further. Say that I have to run somewhere, like tonight when I went to my friend Tressa's grad party. I said that I would probably be back in like 30-45 minutes. Turns out I was there for like two hours....pahaha. That's me. I love talking to people and tend to get sidetracked when I do. I really enjoy that quality I possess and wouldn't change it for anything. I do feel bad though when I tell people I will be back at a certain time and I'm not. So next time, just be prepared for it :) I apologize in advance.
This was not supposed to be this long, I apologize. Oooo, another habit of Kaitlyn. I apologize way too much. I'm sorry....
No comments:
Post a Comment