We just arrived home from our family vacation to Florida. I am currently sitting in our basement with a HORRID sunburn in front of the fireplace. This is absurd to me considering I have a sunburn, yet I am cold and have to sit in front of the fire. It is summer and is still only 63 degrees, cloudy, and windy! At least I am staying out of the sun, I have learned my lesson....
I will (in as short a way as possible) sum up the past week. I know you are thinking that you might as well just skip this entire post because Kaitlyn is going to drag on forever and I completely understand. The reason why I write so much is because I really have a bad memory and this helps immensely.
Monday was our day at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We headed straight for Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror and rode them each twice to start off the day. We then saw The Beauty and the Beast show and it made me want to go off and work at Disney for a summer to just simply perform! After lunch, I did the American Idol Experience. You audition to get into one of the 5 shows of the day, but they only take 3 for every show and one from each show performs in the finale at the end of the day. The man ahead of me didn't seem to be too nervous about his audition and I later found out that he made it into one of the shows! Hundreds of people auditioned throughout the day and I stupidly went to audition in the last hour of the process. Ugh. I didn't make it in and I honestly wasn't expecting to be ushered onto the stage or anything, but she said I did very well. I just wish I could have gotten up there and shown America (er...Disney World) what I have to offer. The winner of the day receives a 'golden ticket' which allows them to pass to the front of the line at any American Idol audition location. We saw many shows at this park and I wished more and more as the day unfolded that I could be famous.
Tuesday was Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure day! And that means, WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER DAY!!! We went right towards the Harry Potter section and I seriously about died when I walked into Hogsmeade. The music, buildings, smells...everything was perfect. Did I mention I thought I was going to somehow get my letter to go to Hogwarts when I was in the 6th grade? Yeah, I am obsessed with HP. Okay, so the ride inside the castle. SO WORTH IT. You MUST go on it, no matter the wait. Going through the castle while you wait in line is amazing and the ride in itself is the most technilogically advanced ride I have ever been on. So amazing, I can't even describe it. Went on it 3 times. Also, got Hermione's wand. We went throught the ceremony they do at Olivander's but the wand that was 'chosen' for me, I didn't like as much. I also drank Butterbeer in Hog's Head (next to the Three Broomsticks). They serve it 2 ways: cold and frozen. I got mine in a collector's mug and had it frozen. It tastes like cream soda with creamy liquid on the top. Tori and I had to get a butterbeer mustache picture of course. Got butterbeer?
Wednesday was Magic Kingdom day! The most magical of them all :) We rode Space Mountain first and continually went on rides all day. At the end of the day, I got to meet 3 princesses!!! There were Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella. I never did that when I was there as a child, so I just had to get my own pictures with each of them. So going to take over there job someday. Watch out Cinderella, I am coming after you first! Then we watched the new 'memories' show they do prior to the fireworks, which has pictures from people around the park all day as well as amazing light shows they incorporate with the castle. This is a must see, as well as the fireworks afterwards (with a special presentation by Tinkerbell)!
Thursday, we headed back to my grandparent's house in Naples, which is about a 3.5 hour drive. We jumped right into the pool when we got there and swam for awhile. Then we went to an expensive restaurant for supper and listened to the live bands that were playing on the streets. There was only one good band, so we listened to them for awhile. Tori and I went to get pop's at a nearby bar and the bartender knew right away I wasn't from around here. Down south, they call it soda, not pop. Oops! We finished up the night with some Mexican Train (just like every other night), a very prominent game if you ever enter my house!
Friday was the beach day! We were at the beach by 10am. We packed lunches, umbrellas, mats, towels, and scuba gear. We immediately took the scuba gear out to search for seashells. This is where the title of this blog fits in. I am ignorant when it comes to wearing sunscreen. I apparently lack knowledge in the sun area....forgetting that it can burn my skin to a crisp in an instant. I forgot to put it on my lower back (most of my back I guess...) and most of my front, and my face sunscreen must have washed off quickly in the ocean. I didn't think I was that bad until I got home and saw myself...and it just got worse as the hours ticked on. I could barely sleep the first night. By Saturday (next day) my face was blistering and my back was so painful that I didn't even want to wear any clothes. I can't even explain to you my pain...it's not possible. Just please, kids, wear sunscreen. I have most definitely learned my lesson.
Saturday was another lazy-ish day with a splash of shopping. We went to this shop called the Best of Everything and it is a store for girly girls for sure :) Bought some giant cute earrings, but that's all I could afford. Oh, and a cute giraffe at their gift shop. I love giraffes, p.s., if you didn't know. I need a name for him/her....it has big eyes and is adorable. I'll be taking suggestions! We also ate at P.F. Chang's and I very much enjoyed my first time there!
Woke up at 4am today to fly from Florida back to good ol' SD. When I arrived here, it was cloudy and cold. I have been dealing with 90 degree weather, so coming back to 60s was disgusting. Is summer ever going to come to SD?
Well, I leave again in a week and will be gone for practically the rest of the summer. This week might not be too interesting on my blog, but maybe I will finally be able to talk more about what I am learning in life instead of documenting my every move.
I have definitely learned on this trip that I need to explore and I need to dream. I need to explore the world and strive to learn everything I can, absorb every morsle of information. I also need to dream and dream big. I have these outrageous dreams that I don't expect to ever see actually work out, but I need to take a scary but most essential step to make them happen. I'll be working on that. In the mean time, I have a suitcase yelling at me to be unpacked....yet, here I sit on the couch, finding comfort in the sounds of Yahtzee and Star Wars in the background. Adios, I really like this movie :)
Love and thanks,
Kaitlyn
No comments:
Post a Comment