I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Help Me

Arrived at Fair Hills Resort today around 3:15 pm after a little over a 4 hour drive.  Another girl led me to my cabin and it looked cute from the outside, but inside was nothing of what I expected.  I walked into big open space with four twin beds and four dressers.  The place smelled horribly of skunk and had no air conditioning.  Now, I am no prima donna by any means, but this place was not what I was expecting.  I was expecting my own room, ac, and something not crawling with bugs and smelling of roadkill.  I have one other girl living with me.  She is a farm girl and is in ROTC, but lately took up pole dancing to be more girly....we have a pole in our cabin, I REPEAT, A POLE IN OUR CABIN.  She paid $400 for this gold piece of nast and put it in OUR cabin.  I thought it was built into the room until she told me it was hers.  She is a sweet girl, don't get me wrong, but I am staring at it right now...bah.  I had an emotional breakdown after I got all of my stuff up in the cabin (we are on the second floor).  I haven't had a good cry in awhile, and if you are a girl, you understand what I am saying when I say that this could lead to bad things.  Since I hadn't cried in awhile, my emotions were already topsy turvy, so that on top of all of this change made me burst.  I cried.  Cried because I just wanted to go home.  I'm over it now, the crying anyway.  Now just to get used to this new adventure.  But that's why it's called an adventure right?
Met some nice girls that work in the snack shop and had supper with them after they showed me around.  Not really sure what to expect still.  Went to supper with my roommate even though I had already eaten with the other girls.  I chose the wrong place to sit at supper apparently.  Sat by these two guys and two girls.  After sitting down, realized that English wasn't their primary language.  They were Bulgarian (first thing that came to mind was Viktor Krum all you HP nerds out there).  One guy was all snooty to me and I couldn't really tell if he understood me and I couldn't understand his mumbling.  Oh well, I am not embarrassed, just trying to make new friends.  Now, I am sitting back in my cabin, but will probably head down to the Pavilion (main lobby thing) soon.  Hootenanny practice tonight at 7 and it can apparently go for 3 hours.  At least I am getting paid and it's like a Broadway musical!  Hopefully I get used to this soon, this is nothing like what I expected.  So, here's to God for throwing me a curveball in life.  He must have something up his sleeve....something He definitely wants me to learn this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment