I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Lake Jump!!
It is my fifth day at Fair Hills and I love it here! I feel like I have lived here for weeks actually. I waited on my first table all by myself last night (with very little training I might add) and it went great!! I love being around families and getting to know them. I have met a wonderful friend named Katie out here. We are practically the same person and we have been spending all of our time here together (with other friends too of course)! Yesterday we spent most of the afternoon out on the lake because we worked breakfast and supper. We went out on our friend Tanner's pontoon out to the dam and swam around there and he fished for awhile. The water is only about 66 degrees, so quite chilly! Then we headed back because he had to work and jumped on our friend RJ's boat and watched as a group of friends wakeboarded and surfed for awhile. Today we served an amazing father's day brunch, so happy father's day to all of you amazing dads out there!!! I made $12 in tips but we have to pool them together because it was brunch and not everyone got tables to serve. Hopefully I still come out with some good cash :) At 3:00 today, we had a mini-hootenanny performance for the guests. The Hootenanny is like our broadway musical that we put on every Tuesday night. Today was interesting because we only had practiced like twice before so I really didn't know the songs very well. Oh well, hopefully I didn't look too silly! It is a tradition that after every Hootenanny, when the last song is over everybody yells, "LAKE JUMP!!!". The staff all runs out to the dock and jumps off. Then we swim to the raft platform and sing and dance to the pelican song one more time. The guests usually watch from the deck and have a good time watching us get soaked and act like kids. The water was cold today but it was really fun!! Now, I am sitting in my cabin (still looking right at the dang pole...) waiting until I have to leave for supper. After supper, there is a sand volleyball tournament and ice cream social. Right up my alley :) Hope your summer's have been going well!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment