I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Monday, August 8, 2011

A Day Late

I actually wrote this last night, but my internet wasn't working in my cabin.  Surprise, surprise.
The past few days have been just wonderful.  Tiring, but definitely worth it.  My family (dad, Julie, Tori, and Ethan) arrived around 7pm on Friday and came right to the dining hall.  I cried when they walked in.  Yes, once again, Kaitlyn cried.  Tori dyed her hair and she looked absolutely gorgeous, as usual.  That night was the dance and staff concert.  Instead of working the dance like I usually do, I showed the fam around Fair Hills.  Then I performed ‘Get it Right’ on piano and ‘The Only Exception’ on guitar.  I bombed the first one because I had never sang with a mic at the piano before.  It was just disastrous, but my family still loves me.  That night, I went over to their campsite and had a campfire and talked.  It was great to catch up with them.  The next morning I had to get up early to work brunch and my fam came to brunch around 8:15.  It was nice because Katie and I got our break to eat right around the time my family was eating, so I got to eat with them!  Good food and good family time.  After brunch, my family came back to the resort and we decided to go golfing for our first activity of the day.  We played on the Fair Hills course and it started to rain on the 5th hole, so we quit after 4.5 holes.  I wasn’t playing the greatest, so it was okay with me.  When we came up to my room, Sydney was sleeping so we had to find somewhere else to hang out.  I grabbed a few sack lunches and we headed to the lobby and went downstairs to eat and play some Apples to Apples and ping pong.  Once the rain cleared, we went back up to my cabin to change into our suits and went out on the lake for awhile.  Ethan absolutely loved the water bikes.  Nick had a friend Michael here from Colorado so they rented the bayliner to take out for the afternoon.  Sad I couldn’t go out with them, but I got to go out today, so no worries J.  We played in the pool for awhile and then headed back up to change and go to town.  I was going to take them to DL Fusion, but it was closed.  So instead of eating really healthy like we were going to, we went to DQ.  Good choice huh?  I was then supposed to take a shower for work, but I was so tired that I curled up in my bed for a half hour instead.  Yeah, who takes showers these days anyway?  New families arrived today and I met them at supper.  I love them already.  Levi (the four month old baby) spit up on me the first time I held him.  Awesome.  His mom felt bad, but I really didn’t mind.  The kids have beautiful names:  Emily, Lennon (a girl after John Lennon), and Levi.  The other kids are Cayden and Nadia.  How pretty are some of the names?!  I am giving Lennon a swimming lesson tomorrow.  After supper, I hung out with Vivi for awhile.  We went on a walk and had some really deep conversations.  I love this girl and can’t wait to spend time with her in Hungary next summer!!  Shortly after, I headed to the campsite to spend the night with my family.  We hung around the campfire and then Tori suggested that we do star tripping (or tipping, whatever it’s called).  It is hilarious!!!  I fell over so fast it was crazy.  We went inside to play angry birds on the tv (yeah, what has this world come to…haha) and also golf (the card game).  I actually went to bed a bit before midnight which is a miracle and slept until 9!  It was glorious!!  We got up in the morning and went fishing around 10.  My dad had already fished for 2.5 hours off of the Zorbaz dock before any of us were awake.  He caught a Northern.  I tried fishing today, but I didn’t catch anything.  None of us did, sadly.  I really want to go out and catch something before I leave.  Matt said he would take me out, so I am holding him to that offer!  We headed to Zorbaz for lunch after that.  They tried the Lowden pizza (peanut butter, sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and jalapenos).  So spicy but so good!  I was so stuffed after all of the nachos and pizza.  When I got back, we went out on the bayliner that Nick rented for him and his Colorado friend.  Katie, Nick, Michael (friend), Ben, Hannah, Syd, and I all went out and tubed, went to the dam, and to the sand bars.  Michael and I bonded while we rode from the dam to one of the sand bars on the tube while they pulled us slowly.  Good chats with strangers.  Love it J  We went to work supper right after that and then it was volleyball and ice cream social night!  Yum!  I didn’t play volleyball for very long because Brandon annoys the crap out of me.  He met my fam on the dock two nights ago and told them that he doesn’t think I like him very much, which is true.  The two words Julie used to describe him were arrogant and uneducated.  Ugh.  That’s enough about him because he doesn’t matter in this blog.  After vball tonight, Matt, Katie, Viv, and I hung out in my room and looked at pictures of our summer so far.  It is amazing to think back to June when we got here.  It is hard to believe how fast time has gone.  Most of the staff is leaving in a week too.  How awful is that?  Can you even imagine the bawl fest that I will have?  It will be epic crying I tell ya.  Now I am sitting on my bed, blogging of course, while Viv watches How I Met Your Mother.  Steph is still gone and Hazal is not in our room tonight, nothing unusual.  I am so tired that I might actually head to be soon.  Like actually be in bed by 11:30.  It would be a miracle!  Oh, I also got hardcore hit on the tube today.  We hit a huge wave and I came down on Syd’s arm and my chin has a big bump on it.  I look like I have a butt chin…bah!!  As much as I would love to bore you with more of my life on the lake, I am seeing two computer screens right now and must brush my teeth.  Hopefully we will chat again soon.  Love and more love, Kait.

No comments:

Post a Comment