I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Great Day :)

Listening to some great Christian music that is reminding me of Oasis and BWC.  I am so completely excited to get back to my school, band, friends, and church.  Like, you have no idea how much I have missed all of those things.  The hard thing is watching people leave this place and knowing that I am following close behind.  RJ left 2 days ago I think?  Michael Paul left today.  Nick, Ben, and Matt I know for sure are leaving tomorrow.  This just feels so awful.  I have spent the past 63 days here, in this cabin, on this lake, with these friends.  63 days.  I become attached to each family I serve after a week.  Imagine how hard watching these people leaving will be.  And who knows when or if I will see most of them again.  It just kills me inside.
Yesterday was simply amazing.  I worked breakfast and then Matt and I headed over to Lake Five to go fishing.  Lake Five is perfect.  It is gorgeous.  It was an overcast day (great for fishing I have learned) and barely anybody is ever on this lake.  There were maybe 2 other boats out.  We loaded up the little fishing boat and headed out.  Okay, don’t make fun of me if I can’t speak the fishing language, but we were ‘trolling’ (gosh I hope I spelled that right) and Matt caught the first fish, a pike.  I caught the next one, a little bass.  I think Matt caught another and then he told me to try casting.  So, he shows me how to do it and on my first cast, before I really had a chance to start reeling in, something bites!  It took like 50 years to reel in and it keep getting stuck in the weeds under the boat.  Turns out to be this HUGE bass and Matt like freaks out.  Apparently he hasn’t really seen one that big caught ever.  And I caught it!!!  Yay J I was shaking pretty hard, but I was so excited.  Matt held it for me to take a picture because I was a little freaked out.  I took pictures with the other fish I caught though, no worries.  It started raining and we decided to slowly head back.  On the way back, Matt caught the biggest pike he has probably ever caught!  So happy for him.  He was shaking this time though…haha.  We stopped for ice cream on the way home (my kind of lunch for those of you who know me well) and I had to go teach 2 hours of swimming lessons.  I worked supper and then I drove the internationals into DL to go to the liquor store and Walmart, same as ever other Monday night lately.  Great day J
I work lunch today and then have the afternoon off until hoot practice.  I also asked for the smorg off because I have never had it off…hooray!!  I might actually look decent for a hootenanny!
I’ll write again soon hopefully.  After the many tears I will shed tomorrow morning after some friends leave for home…

No comments:

Post a Comment