Sitting outside on our porch after teaching some swimming lessons. I only had two today :) So it was glorious! Vivi is talking to Brigi (her sister) on skype and I successfully said hello, thank you, and i love you very much in Hungarian. I need to start learning Hungarian if I am to visit Vivi next summer! Yes, mom and dad, do not act surprised at news such as this. So, magically, yesterday, Vivi, Katie, and I all got the day off. We planned a trip to go to Valleyfair and the Mall of America. We left at around 7am (almost left without Katie...hahaha) and we didn't arrive home until 1:00am. It was so much fun! We jammed out to music the whole way down and when we arrived, Vivi was taking pictures of everything. We rode the Steel Venom first and I sat by Vivi while Katie sat behind us. Vivi screamed the ENTIRE time. It was so hilarious. I could barely catch my breath because I was laughing so hard during the ride. It wasn't a normal girly scream, but loud and low and freakin hilarious. We proceeded to ride the Wild Thing and every other ride in sight. Hung out at the wave pool for awhile and took some great pictures. Katie and I had been looking at these leather looking bracelets that you can engrave earlier, so we went back to get them. We wanted them to say something that would make sense if the bracelets were together, but not if they were apart. Then, people would ask us what the bracelets meant and we could talk about our best friend at camp this summer :) Cute huh? So, we decided to get 'Light Up The World'. I took The World while she took Light Up. They are so adorable together. Well, HOURS later, when we were leaving the MOA, we realized that hers says 'LIGHT UP', get it? How awful is that to figure out?! Bahhhh! That sounds so bad, but hopefully people will ask about it so that she can explain. Oh, so funny. I still love them, and her. We shopped at MOA and Vivi was amazed, and it was actually only Katie's second time there. I only spent money at Forever 21 and For Love 21....if you know me, that's nothing new. Ate some good Qdoba and headed out. I stayed awake the whole way home thanks to ice cream, pop, and Katie. We had some really good chats on the way back. I love long car rides. Vivi and I both went right to bed when we got home.
This morning, I was actually really pumped to go to work and see everyone. I was in such a great mood. After work, I sat in the dining hall and played piano. I am performing 'Get it Right' on Friday and my dad, Julie, Tori, and Ethan will be there!!! Yay!! I had a good talk with Rachel in the dining hall about foreign staff and going to visit them. She is going to give me a book on Hungarian soon. Sydney is on her way over to stay for a couple of nights because her family has a lot of people coming to stay at her house for We Fest this week. So since she is pretty much kicked out, she is going to chill with me :) Maybe we will head out on the lake for a bit before I have to shower and work again. I am really excited for my family to be up here tomorrow! It will be weird having them here, especially because I am so used to this place and it feels like home away from home. I don't know what I am trying to say, but just believe me ;) I need to get my room cleaned up...and do laundry. Blech. Karaoke night tonight at Zorbaz! I might go, I might not. Time will tell. I am so tired right now that I barely know what I am typing. I apologize. Sydney just arrived! Hooray!! I am going to go entertain her and be a good host. Mmmhmm. Adios! Mucho amor.
No comments:
Post a Comment