I am me. My thoughts are unique. My dreams are eccentric. My life story is my own. I am me.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You and I

It's been a long time since I came around.
Been a long time but I'm back in town.
This time I'm not leaving without you.

I love Lady Gaga and this song just makes me happy.  And makes me want to sing.  No way right?  I'm listening to it right now while I snack on some grapes.  Just finished our first official dance club night and practiced trumpet for awhile.  I think this song (or this part of the lyrics anyway...) speaks to me in my situation right now.  Okay, if you know the song, forget the rest of the lyrics because they have absolutely NOTHING to do with me in my life.  I spoke too soon earlier.  I have no Nebraska guy, don't wear high heels, and I'm not a New York woman.  Now that we have that settled, I am going to easily explain why my mind thinks these three lines relate to my life.  It's been awhile since I have been back at school and I am back in town...wow, that was tricky.  The third line isn't speaking about a guy in my case.  It's speaking about how I am going to run my life this year.  I am not going to let things out of my grasp this year.  I am going to be organized, work hard, and reach every goal I set out to do.  I am not leaving college after this year disappointed because I didn't do something I wish I had.  No way.

My classes are tough this semester since I am starting education courses.  They will be exciting, but a lot of work.  On top of school, I am VP for our Dance Club that I started on campus, Secretary for TBS (my music sorority), I play with my church's praise team, bible study, and work.  I feel like I barely have time to breathe, but it's the only way I know how to live my life.  I have been busy and involved for so long now that I couldn't tell you the last time I was truly bored out of my mind.  I can't imagine not taking this much on.  Except this semester might be an exception.  I'll let you know in about a month when my junior recital is just around the corner on top of all of the other stressors.  Okay, that was kinda the downer part of this blog post.  Moving on...

Arrived back up at school last Friday (so 5 days ago).  I can't really remember everything that has happened in the last five days, but it consists of a lot of, "Oh my goodness!!  How was your summer?!  I've missed you so much!!".  And lots of hugs of course too!  We had 'band camp' this weekend and we learned the pre-game.  When we were given the lead sheets to the pre-game opener tune, I didn't really look at it, but then the band started playing and the songs were as follows....America the Beautiful, God Bless America, and....wait for it....You're a Grand Old Flag.  Now, if you weren't at FH this summer, this won't make a whole lot of sense.  Or if your name isn't Matt it probably doesn't make sense either.  But before every Hoot, we would sit backstage and sing along with the sing-along...oh great play on words.  I would always tell Matt that I loved when he sang You're a Grand Old Flag because his voice is so deep and I would miss hearing him sing that.  AND THEN, crazy part is, I get to hear it EVERY DAY at 4pm band rehearsal.  Isn't that crazy?!  And I am head drum major this week, so I get to conduct it.  I love weird stuff like that.  Of course I had to text Matt during band to let him know because I was so excited.

Vivi got home today.  I am really curious as to how the surprise played out to her boyfriend and family.  I hope that I get to skype with her soon because I really miss her.  I even started teaching my roommates some Hungarian words because I don't want to forget them.  I've talked to Katie on the phone too and she told me some crazy stories about the big wedding this past weekend and how everybody is gone so she is washing windows and such.  Her last day was today...sad.  Gosh, what else to say.  My brain is going a hundred miles a minute.  Oh!  I finished The Hunger Games yesterday I think?  Kelsey luckily has the series, so I am onto book two now and already a hundred and some pages through.  I just can't put it down!!  I need to finish it before hardcore schoolwork hits.  Had jazz band auditions yesterday and think they went pretty well.  Now just waiting for results.  Symphonic band auditions are next week....hoorah....btw that was super sarcastic.  Also, have an interview at Chocolatte tomorrow morning at 10am!  I can't stand this anymore....I am going to get ready for bed and read some Catching Fire, I can't resist anymore.  And then I need to sleep.  I am going to try to be in bed before midnight every night.  Hopefully I can do it :)

Hope this post finds you well and not overwhelmed with the start of a new school year.
Love forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment